The Haras national du Pin is open by reservation all year round for visits by students.
The minimum group size is 20 students - one free place is offered for every 20 tickets purchased.
There are several options to choose from, and our team will be very happy to advise and help you decide what activities would be best for your group.
- THE UNFORGETTABLE GUIDED TOUR OF THE HARAS
A walk with a guide through the heart of the historic 18th century buildings to discover horses or several different breeds, a wonderful tack room full of harness, and a superb collection of horse drawn carriages.
This visit can be offered to groups in either English or German at no extra charge.
After the guided tour, visitors can explore the museum, situated over 2 floors of a former stable block. This provides background information on different aspects of equestrian life - the evolution of the horse, care and management, different trades, as well as providing further details about the history of the Haras, and the development of horse breeding in Normandy. There is a gallery within the museum space, which hosts temporary exhibitions with an equine theme.
Tariff - 8€
Duration - 1hr30m
- THE EQUESTRIAN SHOWS
Shows in the indoor arena, the 18th Century Manege d'Aure
This space, which is heated for audience comfort, can accomodate up to 345 persons. Visitors are seated on a tribune, which allows ev ery member of the audience to have a good view. The Equestrian Artistes and the Haras staff, with their horses, put on a wondeful performance, which showcases various disciplines, such as liberty, dressage, and vaulting.
This show changes according to the season, and we have shows
- during the February half term holidays
- throughout the main tourist season, from April until September
- during the autumn school holidays in October
- at Christmas time
The outdoor shows, Les Jeudis du Pin
These fabulous shows are held in an outdoor arena, adjacent to the Haras, and feature the horses or the Haras and those of the Equestrian Artistes in Residence performing to music.
The Jeudi du Pin closes with a parade of horse drawn carriages in our historic courtyard.
Every Thursday from 17 June until 9 September 2021 at 3pm in June and September, and at 3.30pm in July and August.
- We advise that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the show, to install your group in their reserved seats.
- This is an outdoor presentation, and your seats will be in the shade. Duration 1hr.
- Guided tours resume after the show.
- We reserve the right to change the presentation to an indoor show if the weather is inclement
Prices for school groups and students:
1 option *: € 6 per student
2 options *: € 10 per student
3 options *: € 14 per student
* 1 option is equivalent to an activity or visit of your choice, excluding our shows and the bicycle and golf cart rental.
Equestrian show or Jeudi du Pin: € 9.50 per student.
As part of a school trip, we offer 1 free place for every 10 paying students.
To book or ask us for a quote, please fill out the contact form